Notes on 1960 map:
1. San Jose City College is easy to spot in bright yellow.
2. San Carlos is still called "Stevens Creek Road"
3. Route 17 is labeled, but it is still a city street, not a highway. Same for Route 5.
4. Leigh Avenue is still called Porter Avenue, and you can see a small section of "Porter Drive" coming up from the south in the streets south and west of San Jose Jr. College.
5. Porter and Richmond and Menker now are developed roads that continue across Scott to Moorpark as they do today, and Scott links up to Willard on the east side of the Buena Vista Neighborhood.
6. The area north of San Carlos (Stevens Creek Road) is now fully developed with all the streets it has today.
RETURN TO DIRECTORY