Notes on 1967 map:
The neighborhood is starting to look very much as it does today.
1. Abraham Lincoln High School has been built -- pink area above the word "BURBANK."
2. Stevens Creek Road is now Stevens Creek Boulevard, and the portion of this street east of the highway is now called West San Carlos Street.
3. San Jose City College is in place and the County Infirmary has become Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
4. Leigh Avenue is STILL called Porter Avenue and it still does not cross into the area south of Moorpark.
5. See how Highway 280 takes a sharp turn northward and runs where Highway 17 does today? The faint double-red line = = = = shows the proposed route for Highway 280.
RETURN TO DIRECTORY