Notes on 1973 map:
1. Highway 280 is now on the map.
2. You can see that Porter Avenue has been renamed Leigh and now crosses 280.
3. San Jose City Colllege is smaller, having sold (or given) land to the City to make way for Leigh Avenue.
4. Southwest Expressway cuts diagonally across the bottom right corner of this photo.
5. Areas that are white are in the City of San Jose limits. The yellow areas are still in the County of Santa Clara, not in the City of San Jose. [Can you spell annexation?]
RETURN TO DIRECTORY