BUENA VISTA NEIGHBORHOOD PHOTOS
last update 11/20/2013
- A photo tour of the Buena Vista Neighborhood.
- The Buena Vista Park at the corner of Scott and Menker was opened at the Spring 2004 Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony.
- More photos showing Buena Vista Park and its development from a single lot to a double lot, including BEFORE and AFTER photos.
- A collection of photos and descriptions of homes that were on Buena Vista Historic Home Tours. Sadly, the Home Tours are no longer a yearly event. They could be again, if anyone is interested in organizing it.
- Menker Avenue have an annual July 4th Block Party. These are photos from July 4, 2010
- The October 2007 Spirit Night on Halloween. This is one of our most popular yearly events. We should probably take and post newer photos..
- An amazing collection of photos comparing some street scenes in downtown San Jose taken in 1975 and again in 2006 looking the same scenes.
- Another collection of comparison photos - San Jose scenes taken 1920-1960-ish -- and then again in 2007. Some are of downtown San Jose, some of other places in the area.
- A collection of comparison photos showing some homes in San Jose and other nearby areas that have survived the decades.
- The Box of Ghosts collection -- buildings (most of them homes) that are gone and what has replaced them.
- San Jose from the air! Aerial photos of downtown San Jose, soon to include some historic aerial photos as well.